• Home
  • Tag: 上海夜网YR

Canada: Nova Scotia Plans to Benefit from Tidal Energy

first_imgNova Scotia hopes to become a world leader in tidal technology, writes The Global and Mail.Even though Nova Scotia has one of the most powerful tidal currents in the world, tidal development is moving at a very slow pace.In order to speed up the process Ottawa, Nova Scotia, Encana Corp. and several tidal technology companies formed the Fundy Ocean Research Centre for Energy (FORCE), which sits near a huge inlet of the Bay of Fundy.FORCE’s main plan is to become a key centre of tidal power research.In terms of tidal energy, FORCE communications manager Matt Lumley said: “We are sitting on the top of Everest.”Three out of four berths are rented, but neither of the power developers is deploying any tidal generators.The center expects to see deployment of the tidal turbines in the Bay of Fundy by 2015.Richard Karsten, a mathematics professor at Acadia University in Wolfville, N.S. calculated that the Bay of Fundy could host hundreds of tidal turbines which could generate around 2.5GW of electricity, enough to power a million homes.[mappress]Offshore WIND staff, August 27, 2013; Image: fundyforcelast_img read more

Gausman to start for Orioles on Saturday

first_imgAfter beginning the season in the bullpen and spending the last six weeks on the disabled list, Orioles pitcher Kevin Gausman will make his first start of the season in Toronto on Saturday.The 24-year-old will slide into the rotation spot previously occupied by lefty Wei-Yin Chen, who was temporarily optioned to Single-A Frederick to make room on the 25-man roster for outfielder Chris Parmelee on Tuesday. Gausman has been on the 15-day DL since May 8 while dealing with right shoulder tendinitis, but the Orioles have used the last couple weeks to once again stretch him out as a starter.On Tuesday, Gausman pitched two innings for Frederick, allowing a solo homer on the first pitch of the game and striking out two while walking none. The right-hander threw 29 pitches and equated the abbreviated outing to a glorified bullpen session he would normally complete between starts. When asked Tuesday if he had been stretched out enough to start, Gausman estimated that he should be ready to throw 80 or 85 pitches at this point after following the work routine of a starter for a few weeks.In 12 innings in relief earlier this season, Gausman posted a 4.50 ERA with 13 strikeouts and five walks. The 2012 first-round pick made 20 starts last season, going 7-7 with a 3.57 ERA in 113 1/3 innings.Gausman made his major league debut at Rogers Centre on May 23, 2013.In other news, center fielder Adam Jones missed his second straight game on Wednesday while continuing to nurse a right shoulder ailment. Manager Buck Showalter told reporters he wasn’t committing to Jones definitely returning to action on Thursday, but he expressed optimism that the veteran would be back by Friday at the latest.Continuing to recover from a groin strain, right-handed pitcher Miguel Gonzalez is scheduled to make a start for Double-A Bowie on Saturday and is expected to return from the disabled list next week.last_img read more

LMC, Club Owners Parley On Thursday Ahead Of NPFL Restart

first_imgRelated The League Management Company, LMC, and the club owners will hold an emergency meeting on Thursday evening ahead of the re-commencement of the Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL).LMC represents the body saddled with the responsibility of managing the NPFL.The NPFL had earlier gone on break in June in a bid to accommodate the recently concluded FIFA World Cup tournament in Russia.Resumption was initially set for July 18 only for the league to be suspended indefinitely as a result of crisis rocking the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).With the NFF Crisis now a thing of the past, the LMC and club owners have scheduled an emergency joint meeting for Thursday evening in Abuja to deliberate on the NPFL resumption slated for the 2nd of September.last_img read more

NFF Reacts To Death Of Remo Stars Player Allegedly Killed By SARS Policeman

first_imgThe Nigeria Football Federation has sent a letter of condolence to the Chairman of Ogun State Football Association and NFF Executive Committee member, Alhaji Ganiyu Majekodunmi over the untimely death of the assistant captain of Remo Stars Football Club, Tiamiyu Kazeem, which sad event occurred on Saturday.Tiamiyu Kazeem, according to a club statement was killed on Saturday after he was hit by an oncoming vehicle after he was allegedly pushed out of a car by a policeman attached to the Special Anti Robbery Squad in Ogun State Command who had reportedly arrested the player for being an internet fraudster.Other reports say the player had been arrested for putting on military apparel.“We are particularly sad about the reported circumstances of the player’s death, as attested to by a teammate who was with him at the time, to the effect that he was arrested by officers of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) on the claim of wearing military apparel, and was pushed down from a moving vehicle before being crushed by another vehicle.“To the entire family of Ogun State Football Association, we pray that God will grant you the fortitude to bear this loss of a promising talent who could have developed to a national and international star giving his humility, hard work, discipline and professionalism as attested to by his teammates.“To the immediate family, extended family and friends of the departed player, we pray for God’s love and support for them to be able to bear this great loss, while also praying that God will grant the departed Tiamiyu Kazeem eternal rest.”RelatedNigerian Footballer Allegedly Killed By SARS PolicemanFebruary 22, 2020In “Featured”Three Dead As Sagamu Boils Over Death Of Remo Stars’ Tiyamiyu KazeemFebruary 24, 2020In “Featured”NFF Mourns Death of Two Police Machine FC PlayersOctober 2, 2019In “NFF”last_img read more

Eoghan O’Connell is ready to face Astana, says Celtic goalkeeper

first_img“His last performance was exceptional,” Gordon said. “He was one of our best players against the champions of England.“So if you can come through that and look as good he did in that game, there is no reason why he can’t step into a Champions League qualifier and perform just as well.”Celtic are up against a side who notched up home draws with Atletico Madrid, Benfica and Galatasaray in the competition last season and Gordon was under no illusions about the difficulty of the task awaiting his team.“It will be very difficult,” he said. “This team qualified for the Champions League last season. They are definitely going to cause us problems. Craig Gordon believes Eoghan O’Connell could be the answer to Celtic’s defensive headache as they prepare to face Astana.The Scottish champions are in Kazakhstan for the first leg of their crucial Champions League qualifier without key defenders after Erik Sviatchenko was ruled out with a groin injury.With Jozo Simunovic and Dedryck Boyata already on the sidelines and new signing Kolo Toure still to get match ready, manager Brendan Rodgers is short of options.Gordon backed O’Connell to shine if picked after the 20-year-old Irishman impressed in the International Champions Cup match against Leicester on Saturday. The young centre-back looked composed throughout and got on the scoresheet in a 1-1 draw. “We have already had a look at some video footage and they have some very good players who can cause us problems on the counter-attack.“They have some good qualities that we have to watch out for.“We are going to have to defend very well at times and try to keep the ball so it is going to be a big test.“But we have confidence in our own abilities.”last_img read more