A memorial service for Ernest May, a renowned historian of international relations and foreign policy and professor of history, will be held Sept. 23, in Memorial Church. May, who died at the age of 80 after complications following surgery on June 1, served as dean of Harvard College from 1969 to 1971 and was a member of the Harvard faculty for 55 years. The service is set to begin at 3 p.m.To read May’s full obituary, visit /gazette/story/2009/06/ernest-may-harvard-professor-and-eminent-historian-of-international-relations-dies-at-80/.
Powered by WPeMatico Allen Berezovsky/Getty Images) (L-R Beyonce, Blue Ivy Carter, Tina Lawson, Richard Lawson)(NEW YORK) — It appears that Tiffany Haddish’s story about an unnamed actress biting Beyoncé on the cheek at an after-party in December may have been a total fabrication. According to Beyoncé stepfather, actor Richard Lawson, the alleged event never happened.“It was something that was blown out of proportion and Tiffany just got a ride from doing it,” Lawson, who’s promoting the new BET legal drama In Contempt, told ABC Radio. “And so her numbers probably jumped up,” he says, referring to her social media following. “Other people jumped on the bandwagon and it’s all a bunch of B.S. It’s not real… It’s not true.”Last month, Haddish started the #WhoBitBeyoncé social media firestorm after the actress told GQ that someone had chomped the superstar singer. A number of names were bandied about as possible culprits, including actresses Sara Foster and Sanaa Lathan, who both denied their involvement. Chrissy Teigen and Tyler Perry then chimed in to claim they knew who did it.“My initial guess was wrong,” Teigen had tweeted. “The real person? I *never* would have guessed. I’VE SAID TOO MUCH.”But Lawson vehemently denies the incident took place and also claims Haddish lied about signing an NDA.“Please, people,” he says. “I swear to god– it’s, like, unbelievable. It’s not true!”In Contempt premieres April 10 at 10 p.m. ET on BET.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved. Related
The Court of Arbitration for Sport have rejected Munir El Haddadi’s appeal to change nationality to Moroccan so he can go to the World Cup, after he previously played for Spain. Upd. on 15/05/2018 at 18:23 CEST IN SPORT.ES El TAS ha hablado: Munir se queda sin Mundial Munir and Morocco appealed against FIFA’s decision on March 13 which rejected his attempt to switch. Born to Moroccan parents on September 1, 1995 in Madrid (El Escorial), the forward has double nationality and made his Spain debut on September 8, 2014 under Vicente del Bosque. He featured in the qualification phase of Euro 2016, as Spain thrashed Macedonia 5-1. EFE/Sport EN RELATED STORIES 14/05/2018 From then Munir, playing at Alaves, has not been given more chances to play for Spain but FIFA did not let him switch to Morocco. Curiously they are in the same group, so he could have ended up playing against the country he has already played for. Official: Thomas Tuchel is the new coach of Paris-Saint Germain
A man has died after being assaulted by unknown offenders while staying at a campsite in Noojee over the weekend….[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription. By Jessica Anstice
VIRGINIA WATER, ENGLAND – FEBRUARY 18: A staged photograph of The Ryder Cup trophy as the five-man Ryder Cup panel meet to discuss the 2016 Ryder Cup Europe Captaincy at Wentworth on February 18, 2015 in Virginia Water, England. (Photo by Andrew Redington/Getty Images) The Italian capital city of Rome will host The Ryder Cup for the first time in 2022. The historic announcement, made today by Ryder Cup Europe, will see golf’s greatest team event staged on the Continent of Europe for the third time. The Marco Simone Golf and Country Club, only 17km from the centre of Rome, will follow in the footsteps of Club de Golf Valderrama in Spain (1997) and Le Golf National in France (2018) – when the 44th edition of the match between Europe and the United States is staged in the autumn of 2022. Four nations – Austria, Germany, Italy and Spain – had participated in an exhaustive and comprehensive Bid Process to identify the country best qualified to follow Hazeltine National in Minnesota next year; France in 2018 and Whistling Straits in Wisconsin in 2020, as host of the biennial contest. Initially the number had been seven when the process began in June last year, but Denmark, Portugal and Turkey withdrew their interest in the early stages.Keith Pelley, Chief Executive of The European Tour – the Managing Partner of Ryder Cup Europe – led a five-strong Bid Evaluation Committee comprising Europe’s Ryder Cup Director Richard Hills, Ryder Cup Match Director Edward Kitson, The European Tour’s Director of Property and Venue Development David MacLaren and European Tour Chief Financial Officer Jonathan Orr, who thoroughly examined and evaluated all four Bids, including undertaking a series of site inspections.The objective of the process was to enable Ryder Cup Europe to arrive at the correct sporting and commercial decision in terms of the host for 2022.To that end, the Bid Evaluation Committee judged the candidates on five specific criteria: (i) Demonstrable Government, Political, Institutional and Golfing Community support; (ii) Commitment to the development of a world-class golf facility (new or existing) to host The 2022 Ryder Cup; (iii) Provision of ancillary facilities, suitable access and infrastructure commensurate with the staging of an international sporting event, including proximity to a major international city; (iv) Commercial opportunities available to The Ryder Cup; and (v) Contribution of the Bid Country to the development of golf in terms of Legacy, Contribution to the professional game, Integration of golf within tourism and business communities, Development of levels of golf participation, Professional tournament golf at all levels, and contribution to The Ryder Cup: eg Player eligibility and participation.The Bid Committee was assisted in their evaluation procedure by three prominent external advisers in Michael Payne, Nick Bitel and Paul Bush, who brought considerable experience from their specialist sporting backgrounds, namely the Olympic Movement, the London Marathon and The Ryder Cup at Gleneagles in 2014.The Italian bid was consistently strong across all the areas evaluated and in particular in their pledge to undertake a complete reconstruction of the golf course at Marco Simone to the highest standards demanded by Ryder Cup Europe, in addition to a hugely significant commitment to the Italian Open in terms of guaranteeing a €7 million prize fund for the championship for 11 years, beginning in 2017. In 2016, the prize fund will double from its current figure of €1.5 million to a minimum of €3 million.Keith Pelley said: “I would like to offer my congratulations to Italy whose bold and ambitious bid has seen them become the host nation for The 2022 Ryder Cup. History has shown time and again that The Ryder Cup is pure theatre with the players the stars, and there is no question that the Eternal City of Rome will provide a wonderful backdrop for one of the great occasions in world golf.“With Paris in 2018 and now Rome in 2022 being the respective host cities for Europe’s next two stagings of biennial contest against the United States, the magical appeal of The Ryder Cup is set to continue.“In addition, we have exciting plans for the development of The European Tour and our International Schedule for the benefit of all our players, and Italy shares this ambition. Their commitment to the Italian Open will provide an inspiring benchmark.”Richard Hills said: “The Italian bid was consistently strong and impressive across the board in terms of infrastructure, commercial structure and Government support. It was a worthy gold medalist in this particular contest, although there were three impressive silver medalists too in Austria, Germany and Spain, who conducted themselves in a professional manner throughout the process.“The plans outlined for the golf course at Marco Simone are spectacular alongside the commitment to develop all levels of golf in Italy, and we look forward very much to working with the Italian 2022 Ryder Cup team over the coming years.”The awarding of The 2022 Ryder Cup will continue Italy’s legacy in the contest which began when Costantino Rocca became the first Italian golfer to play in the match at The Belfry in England in 1993. The United States won on that occasion but Rocca tasted victory on his next two outings – at Oak Hill Country Club in 1995 and at Valderrama in 1997 where he famously beat Tiger Woods 4 and 2 in the final day singles.Since then, brothers Edoardo and Francesco Molinari have carried the Italian flag into the biennial contest, appearing together in Europe’s narrow victory at The Celtic Manor Resort in 2010 while Francesco was part of the triumphant European team two years later, his half point in the final singles match, again against Tiger Woods, putting the seal on the remarkable Miracle of Medinah.Since the inception of The European Tour in 1972, Italy has hosted 54 European Tour tournaments with nine Italian players having lifted a total of 20 European Tour titles between them, the most successful being Rocca with five. In addition Italy has played host to 82 European Challenge Tour events and eight tournaments on the European Senior Tour.Following today’s announcement, there will be an official press conference to celebrate the awarding of The 2022 Ryder Cup, in Italy on Wednesday December 16.print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email
Quarter Final Draw Limerick League v Carlow or NEFLWexford League v Kerry or AUL DublinInishowen League v Roscommon or Cavan/MonaghanClare League v Leinster Senior LeagueTies to be played on or before weekend of the 5th March 2017 print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email The silverware on display before the Oscar Traynor Trophy Final at AUL Complex, Clonshaugh, Dublin. Photograph by John Kelly. PLAY-OFF GAMESKerry League v AUL (Dublin)Roscommon League v Cavan/Monaghan LeagueTies to be played on or before weekend of the 18th of February 2017 The draws for the Playoffs and the Quarter Finals of the Oscar Traynor Cup have been made. The Roscommon and District League have to play the Cavan/Monaghan League in a play off with the winners away to the Inishowen League in the Quarter Final. The other Play Off will see the Kerry League at home to the AUL League from Dublin with the winners away to the Wexford League.
GCH took double Silver medals at U15 level- in the U15 Girls 4 x 100m relay, the squad of Ava McKeon, Aishling Healy, Leana Nic Dhonncha, Roisin Dalton, Eve Ayo and Emma Moore placed second as did the GCH U15 Boys 4x100m squad of Luke Dahler, Daragh Jennings, Danny O’Toole, Conor Hoade and Mathieu Madden.GCH U17 boys 4x100m team also won silver via Richard Kamsen, Jonathan McGrath, Robert McDonnell, Eoghan Jennings, Eli Sheedy and Samuel MaddenThe talented South Galway AC U14 Boys team won Silver medals in the 4x100m relay via the squad of Andrew Horan, Ruairi Dillon, David and Stephen Mannion and Rian Dunne Leavy.South Galway AC athletes Rian Dunne Leavy, Andrew Horan, Stephen Mannion, David Mannion and Ruairí Dillon who won silver at the All Ireland Track finals on Saturday in Tullamore in the U14 4 x 100m relay.In individual action, Sarah Oifoh of Tuam AC won bronze in the U14 Girls 80m sprint. Craughwell’s Alicia Locteau won a superb U14 High Jump Silver.The Juvenile championships continue this weekend with two days of action on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th, again in Tullamore Stadium. Jack Dempsey GCH who competes for Ireland in the World U20 Championship this weekendJack Dempsey of Galway City Harriers travels to Tampere in Finland this week to compete on the Irish 4x100m Relay squad at the U20 World Championships, one of the premier global athletics championships. The relay qualifying heats take place Friday next, 13th July. Headford 8k Dariusz Monkewiecz was the winner of this year’s Headford8k held Saturday evening last clocking a time of 28.10 for victory. Daire Comer of Tuam AC was second, with local man David O’Connor, running with Trim AC third.Regina Casey of GCH was first lady home in 29.43, with Emma Grimes of GCH making her debut with a fine time of 32.04 for second, just ahead of Joan Flynn from Mullingar who placed third.Close on 200 runners completed the 14th edition of the charity fundraising race, on a great evening for racing.print WhatsApp Facebook Twitter Email Top coach Matt Lockett of GCH has been appointed as team endurance coach to the Irish distance athletes competing in Finland. National League The National Track and Field League’s second and final qualifying round was held on Sunday last in Athlone. Galway City Harriers Men’s team and, Galway Ladies both qualified for the National League Premier Division final to be held August 19th next in Tullamore with Galway Men’s team performing strongly also in Division One.GCH Men’s squad had wins from Cillin Greene over 200m with a season best time of 21.60 and Brendan Staunton in the Shot Putt with a PB throw. Staunton also placed well with second in the Discus with Brendan McDonnell clocking a fast 15.01 in the 5000m for second also. GCH also scored heavily via Henrique Nkolovata, who performed well in three events over sprint hurdles and in the Long Jump and Triple Jump, Seamus Leddy in the 3k Walk, team manager Cliff Jennings in the Hammer and Weight throws, Jonah Erugo in the High Jump and 400m, Darren Costello in the 100m, Eoghan Jennings in the Pole Vault and 400 Hurdles and James Frizzell and Neil Keane in the middle-distance races.Galway Ladies placed top of their pool on the day and qualified for the final comfortably. The team secured victories via wins by Maeve Curley in the 1500m Walk, Nicole King over 400m, Emma O’Hara in the Hammer, and by the Relay sprint squad over 4x100m. There were second place scores for team captain Sarah Finnegan over 100m Hurdles, Sinead Treacy in the 200m, Sarah Gilhooley in her debut in the 3000m Steeplechase and Barbara Dunne who also debuted in the 3000m flat. The squad also saw points scores from Aisling Joyce in the 1500m, Aoife Sheehy over 400 Hurdles, Seren O’Toole in the Long Jump, Chloe Casey in the Shot, Cian Reidy in the Pole Vault, Katie O’Donoghue in High Jump, Laura Cunningham in Triple Jump, Sinead Gaffney over 800m and Lydia Doyle in sprints and relay.Galway Men’s team placed eighth with a solid overall performance, with National champion Brendan Lynch securing victory for the team over 400m Hurdles, alongside excellent second places for Tommy Farragher in the Hammer, Daniel Callanan in the Triple Jump and Ryan Gallagher in the High Jump and a strong all round team performance that cemented their second year in the Division. World U20 Championships GCH 4*400m U17 Relay gold medallists Samuel Madden, Jonathan McGrath, Robert McDonnell and Eoghan Jennings. Galway City Harriers Relay teams also struck gold, winning the National U17 4x400m Relay title with a team comprising of Samuel Madden, Jonathan McGrath, Robert McDonnell and Eoghan Jennings.GCH 4x400m U17 Relay gold medallists (L-R): Samuel Madden, Jonathan McGrath, Robert McDonnell and Eoghan Jennings. National Juvenile ChampionshipsDay two of the National Juvenile Track and Field competition was held in Tullamore Sunday last, and featured the Juvenile Relays at U12-19 and the Juvenile B Championships. The events saw great success for Galway relay squads especially.Craughwell AC U19 Girls became National 4x400m relay champions for 2018 with a squad of Shauna Tobin, Ciana Reidy, Lorraine Delaney, Laura Cunningham, Siona Lawless and Arlene Earls. The U19 team also won bronze in the 4x100m Relay event.Craughwell U19 Girls National U19 4×400 Relay winning team (L-R): Shauna Tobin, Ciana Reidy, Lorraine Delaney, Laura Cunningham and Arlene Earls.
Talks in the Labour Court aimed at avoiding next week’s strike by nurses and midwives are due to resume this afternoon. More strike action is expected to take place across Donegal and the country that will result in thousands of cancellations for patients. Talks lasted nine hours on Friday before being adjourned without a breakthrough.43,000 nurses from the INMO and PNA unions will stage the action in their continued row with the government over pay and working conditions.Psychiatric nurses have also announced three further days of strikes on February 19, 20 and 21.Breakthrough sought as nurses talks at Labour Court resume was last modified: February 9th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:INDUSTRIAL ACTIONinmomidwives strikenurses strikePNAstrike action
Touch Football Australia Inc wishes to employ a self-motivated, enthusiastic and experienced sport leader to manage the operational development of the sport across Southern Australia (ACT, SA, VIC & TAS). The position would be based at the ACT Branch Office but strategically servicing the states of SA, Vic, TAS in an Executive Officer capacity. For all the info please use the following link: ADVERT FOR EXECUTIVE OFFICER/BUSINESS MANAGER FOR SOUTHERN STATES
DONE DEAL: Watford winger Dion Pereira moves to Atlanta Utdby Paul Vegas9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveWatford winger Dion Pereira is moving to Atlanta United.The 19-year-old midfielder spent 10 years at Watford and was a regular for their U23 team for the past three years, making 49 appearances and scoring 14 goals.Pereira was named Watford’s Young Player of the Season in 2017 and made his first-team debut last May, coming off the bench in the Premier League games against Leicester and Manchester City.”We’re pleased to welcome Dion to the club and look forward to him joining the squad as we head into the 2019 season,” Atlanta United vice president and technical director Carlos Bocanegra said.”We identified him as a young, technical player who we believe will adapt well to Atlanta United and MLS.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say