• Home
  • Archive by category "yzcsqntg"

Qualifier Troicki takes Federer to edge at Japan Open

first_img IN FIVE EASY PIECES WITH TAKE 5 GET THE BEST OF THE JAPAN TIMES Top seed and world No. 1 Roger Federer faced a tough test in his first-ever appearance at the AIG Japan Open on Wednesday before dispatching qualifier Viktor Troicki 7-6 (7-2), 7-6 (7-3) at a packed Ariake Colosseum. Andy Murray returns the ball during his 3-6, 6-7 (1-7) loss to Jiri Novak onWednesday in the Japan Open. AP PHOTOcenter_img Federer, who received a first-round bye, would have been forgiven for expecting an easier start to the Tokyo tournament, but came up against a plucky 20-year-old making his debut in an ATP event — and the Serbian showed little sign of stage-fright.“It was a really tough match,” Federer said later. “I didn’t know his game. I’ve never seen him play and it always takes time to figure a player out.”Troicki, ranked No. 272 in the world, troubled Federer with a booming serve — one touched 200 kph — and a forehand that kept Federer pinned back for much of the game, with the Swiss star only breaking away on the two tie-breaks.Said Federer: “I couldn’t get a read on his serve. He mixed it up well. This was my first match of the tournament so I wanted to play it safe and get (into) a rhythm.”Federer came into the tournament on the back of another phenomenal year. The Swiss star has won three of the four grand slam tournaments in 2006, with just a defeat to Rafael Nadal in the final of the French Open denying him a clean sweep.The 25-year-old’s only losses since the start of June have come at Roland Garros and in the second round in Cincinnati to Andy Murray.Federer will be up against last year’s champion, Wesley Moodie, in the third round after the South African No. 13 seed downed Austria’s Stefan Koubek 6-3, 6-4.In the women’s singles, Japan’s No. 2 seed, Ai Sugiyama, eased past Finland’s Emma Laine 6-4, 6-3 and will play Vania King in the second round after the American beat France’s Severine Bremond.An upbeat Sugiyama, ranked No. 27 in the world, said she is enjoying her tennis now more than at any other point in her career — even than when she hit a career-high eighth in the world in 2004.“I had a great year in 2003 and 2004 but my motivation went down a bit after that and it’s not easy to have high motivation all the time,” Sugiyama said. “But now I am enjoying the game the most in my career and I am looking forward to working hard and playing hard.“It goes up and down but I want to get back into the top 20, and then the top 10.”In an earlier women’s game on center court, Japan’s Junri Namigata beat Colombia’s Catalina Castano 6-2, 1-6, 6-4 to advance to a second-round tie against Argentina’s Paola Suarez, who beat the Czech Republic’s Lucie Safarova 6-4, 6-4.Meanwhile, No. 4 seed Murray won’t get the chance to repeat August’s victory over Federer as he crashed out of the tournament in the second round against Czech veteran Jiri Novak.The Scottish firebrand received a bye in the first round and never got going against the 2004 champion, only briefly threatening in the second set before going down 6-3, 7-6 (7-1).Murray’s disappointing exit comes after a first-round defeat to Tim Henman at the Bangkok Open, but the British No. 1 refused to blame his poor form on a hectic schedule.“Every single young player goes through stages where they play well and then don’t play well,” the 19-year-old Murray said. “It’s not as though I’ve played against two bad players (in Henman and Novak) . . . it’s not due to the schedule I’ve lost.“I did well to fight my way back into the match today, but couldn’t quite turn it around.”Murray’s interest now rests in the men’s doubles and he will hope his partnership with brother Jamie Murray can continue to blossom after their recent run to the Bangkok Open final.In another second-round tie, No. 2 seed Tommy Robredo powered past Lu Yen-Hsun of Taiwan 6-4, 6-1. last_img read more

Takahashi ‘determined’ to win gold medal in Vancouver

first_imgSUITA, Osaka Pref. – Figure skaters Daisuke Takahashi and Nobunari Oda were given a send-off party Tuesday by their school Kansai University as they enter the final stage of preparations for next month’s Vancouver Olympics.“I’m determined to bring home the gold medal,” said Takahashi while set aloft by members of the Kansai University Kaisers, the American football team which won the Koshien Bowl national collegiate championship last month. Nearly 700 students gathered for the event, which followed a practice session by the two to the accompaniment of music at a rink in Takatsuki, Osaka Prefecture.“I am preparing for the best result possible,” said Oda.National champion Takahashi, who attends the graduate school at Kansai University, is making his second Olympic appearance.“There is only one month left. From now, I want to really push myself in my skating practices,” he said.Oda, who finished runnerup to Takahashi at the nationals last month, showcased his quadruple toe loop.“This was the best I’ve felt since I began training on Jan. 3,” Oda said.Both Takahashi and Oda are scheduled to leave for Vancouver early next month. GET THE BEST OF THE JAPAN TIMEScenter_img IN FIVE EASY PIECES WITH TAKE 5last_img read more

Jones looks ahead after lopsided loss to Scotland

first_img RELATED PHOTOS KEYWORDS IN FIVE EASY PIECES WITH TAKE 5 Brave Blossoms, Eddie Jones, 2015 Rugby World Cup GET THE BEST OF THE JAPAN TIMEScenter_img Eddie Jones | KYODO WARWICK, ENGLAND – The Brave Blossoms have moved to Shakespeare country and will be hoping it’s a case of “Once more unto the breach,” when they take on Samoa on Oct. 3 in their third game at the 2015 Rugby World Cup.A day after its disappointing 45-10 loss to Scotland, Japan head coach Eddie Jones was still hopeful his side could reach the quarterfinals for the first time in its history. “We’ve got the most important part of the World Cup to come,” he said Thursday at the team’s country retreat.Jones said he took full responsibility for the loss to the Scots, saying he got a number of things wrong.“I got the selection wrong and I didn’t have the players mentally right,” he said. “That’s my responsibility and I will take responsibility for the defeat and the performance.”When asked to expand on how he got things wrong, Jones said a number of players had been unable to “back up their performance” of the opening weekend.On the opposite side of the spectrum Jones praised the performances of Michael Leitch, Michael Broadhurst, Ayumu Goromaru and Harumichi Tatekawa.“Those four players have been real pillars,” he said. “At World Cups players either shrink or grow and those four have been growing game by game.”Despite the loss, Jones said the team was still on track to make the last eight.“At the start of the tournament if we said we would have one win and one loss at this stage we would be pretty happy,” he explained. “So while it is disappointing we could have won two, we are in the perfect situation to achieve our goal of making the last eight. We need to win our next two games. And if we beat Samoa we are in the perfect position to make the quarterfinals.”With a much longer turnaround before they take on Samoa, Jones said he would give the players a little time off before they start preparing for the physical threat the Pacific islanders will bring.“Samoa will be a very different game,” he said. “South Africa and Samoa are very strong set piece teams. But Samoa and the United States (which Japan faces on Oct. 11) are more unstructured sides. So the way we will attack them will be different.”When asked if Japan’s failure to get any bonus points in the opening games could harm Japan’s chance of making the last eight, Jones said he was only concentrating on winning the remaining two games.“We can’t worry about that,” he said. “We just have to win. If we win three games at the World Cup that means we are 300 percent better than all the last Japan teams over the past 24 years. If we miss out on a quarterfinal spot because of bonus points, then so be it.” last_img read more

4-star offensive lineman commits to Ole Miss

first_imgSandy Creek (Ga.) OL Chandler Tuitt is the 15th commitment for Ole Miss in 2016Sandy Creek (Ga.) OL Chandler Tuitt is the 15th commitment for Ole Miss in 2016Three weeks after delaying his decision to commit, Chandler Tuitt ended up pledging where he wanted to all along.The four-star offensive guard committed to Ole Miss Friday afternoon, becoming the 15th member of the Rebels 2016 class. Tuitt chose Ole Miss over offers from Georgia, Tennessee, South Carolina and Florida.“It feels really good,” Tuitt said. “It’s such a relief.”Tuitt had originally planned to announce his commitment at the beginning of July but delayed his decision after Georgia made a late push for the offensive lineman.In the end, the relationships he established at Ole Miss paid dividends.“Georgia came in a little too late but I still like Georgia” he said. “Ole Miss has been there from the start. I have connections there. I have teammate connections there.”Chandler Tuitt's twitter announcement of his commitmentChandler Tuitt’s twitter announcement of his commitmentShould Tuitt sign with Ole Miss in February 2016, the Rebels will gain another player from Sandy Creek (Ga.) High School. Senior defensive back Mike Hilton and freshman running back Eric Swinney also hail from Tuitt’s high school and played a role in helping the Rebels land the talented lineman.“Eric Swinney came to me every day like ‘Dude, commit to Ole Miss,’ and I told him I was thinking about it,” he said.Tuitt said he wanted his father to visit Oxford before committing but decided to go ahead and announce Friday so he can focus on the rest of his summer. The four-star prospect last visited Ole Miss for a basketball game earlier this year and plans to get back on campus next weekend.Tuitt’s grandparents also live nearby in Yazoo City.“I haven’t met anyone from the offensive line yet. That’s what I want to do on my next visit,” he said. “Mostly I know all the coaches and it feels good. It feels like I’m part of the family.”While his commitment is out of the way, Tuitt said he still plans to take several official visits this fall. He is the third offensive line commit in 2016, joining fellow Georgia native Jack DeFoor and Lafayette’s Eli Johnson.last_img read more

Club’s technical leaders ‘ruled out’ signing Chelsea player because of his…

first_imgThe winger’s decision not to commit his future to the Blues has seen him heavily linked with clubs in England and abroad.On Monday, Sky Sports reported the Brazilian has offers from Barcelona and MLS side Inter Miami, while the Blues have tabled a renewal proposal. Arsenal are also keen on signing him.It was explained the La Liga side have ‘fulfilled’ the 31-year-old’s request of a three-year contract.Journalist Miguel Rico has responded to the claims made in the British media, in today’s edition of Mundo Deportivo.Embed from Getty ImagesAccording to Rico, Barca’s technical leadership has ‘ruled out’ signing Willian on a free transfer this summer because of the ‘unacceptable salary’ demanded by the attacker. The journalist, however, doesn’t specify the exact figures requested by the player.Meanwhile, reports coming from Europe and South America have stressed the Chelsea wideman is set to join Arsenal on a free transfer.ESPN Brasil journalist Bruno Vicari reported on Monday the Gunners are hoping to announce Willian’s signing ‘in the coming days’.by Taboolaby TaboolaSponsored LinksSponsored LinksPromoted LinksPromoted LinksTrending TodayForge of Empires – Free Online GameDon’t Play This Game, it’s Addictive.Forge of Empires – Free Online GameUndoNessa HearingPeople in Singapore Born Before 1965 Eligible for Free Hearing Aid TrialNessa HearingUndoDBS”I had S$9 left in my bank account”DBSUndoWealthMastery.asiaThis Singaporean Couple is Disrupting A $3 Trillion IndustryWealthMastery.asiaUndoRaid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadEven Non-Gamers Are Obsessed With This RPG Game (It’s Worth Installing!)Raid: Shadow Legends | Free DownloadUndoSingtelGet 30GB for $25 on SG’s #1 network.SingtelUndoGOMO by Singtel.Switch to GOMO. 40GB for $20 for 12 months!GOMO by Singtel.UndoSingtel PowerInstant savings and a $50 rebate.Singtel PowerUndoTip ParentsBaby Keeps Waking Up With Scratches, Mom Checks Camera And Calls CopsTip ParentsUndo Chelsea star Willian is a free agent this summer.last_img read more

Racing driver turned porn star Renee Gracie shows off 8k Kim K bum lift after quitting Supercars to become OnlyFans star

first_imgMOTORSPORT racer turned adult entertainer Renee Gracie has showed off her new bum after having an £8,000 Kim Kardsashian-style operation.It emerged earlier this year that the Aussie, 25, had ditched her Supercars jumpsuit in order to pursue a more lucrative career in porn.Gracie showed off the result of her new surgeryCredit: Instagram / @renee_gracieThe 25-year-old treated herself to a ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’Credit: Instagram / @renee_gracieAnd such has been her success, that she decided to treat herself to an £8,000 cosmetic surgery also undergone by reality TV icon Kardashian.The “Brazilian Butt Lift” involves doctors taking fat from the stomach and implanting it into the bum – while liposuction is also done on the abdomen, thighs and back.On having the procedure, Gracie told news.com.au: “It is the same surgery which Kim Kardashian and a bunch of celebrities have had done.”It was revealed earlier this summer that Gracie was earning around £13,000-a-week from her OnlyFans account.But since her spate of publicity, this figure has skyrocketed.I know the figures but let’s just say I made half a million in the month of JuneRenee GracieShe told Gina Stewart: “I was averaging about 70,000USD (£53,000)-a-month up until recently when I got a lot of media attention and I had a few stories go viral.“I know the figures but let’s just say I made half a million in the month of June. “When I raced, I got slammed for my looks and appearance, my weight and so on. To this day it still affects me. But the thing I love about Onlyfans is that it’s just people who support me and like me for who I am that join.”The Aussie switched careers earlier this yearCredit: InstagramGracie now has 730,000 followers on InstagramCredit: InstagramShe has hinted at a future return to motor racingCredit: Getty Images – GettyWhile Supercars bosses in Australia sought to distance themselves from Gracie back in June, her passion for the sport remains as strong as ever.And she has now suggested that she could make a stunning return to the track.She told the Aussie Daily Telegraph: “I now have the financial security to get back into it.“I can now afford to go racing without worrying about crashing the car. I can do it and afford to do it.“I can go racing and not have to worry about a budget. I won’t be reliant on sponsorships.”Gracie made ‘half a million’ in the month of JuneCredit: Instagram / @renee_gracieWho is Renee Gracie and why did the pro driver switch to porn? Real or Fake? Shark Attacks Helicopter Travel Diary // Vietnam 2017 8 MOST DANGEROUS RAINS of All Time | TOP 10 INTERESTING What’s This “Trick” Called? Comment Down Below!! Top 5 Best Budget Hotels In Dubai under AED 400 a night.center_img Rebekah Vardy scores an impressive penalty in six-inch heels 10 INCREDIBLE Space Launch Failures! People Slammed By Massive Waves 4 Source: Motorsport – thesun.co.uklast_img read more

Funniest memes about USA’s 4×100 relay teams’ embarrassing loss to Japan

first_imgRIO DE JANEIRO — Team USA 4x100M track squad was humiliated at the Rio Olympics after they failed to medal at all  — and for losing to Japan, of all countries. This set social media ablaze and burned the squad to a crisp with hilarious slander against their performance shortcomings.Take a look at some of the funniest ones.last_img

Let’s all ‘do a Hannah’

first_imgAS the parent of a 17-year-old girl that was killed in a car crash two years ago, on 24 August,…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img

Popular names show the way

first_imgBy ANEEKA SIMONIS SOPHIE, Scarlett and Olivia were the top names given to girls born across Cardinia shire last year…[To read the rest of this story Subscribe or Login to the Gazette Access Pass] Thanks for reading the Pakenham Berwick Gazette. Subscribe or Login to read the rest of this content with the Gazette Digital Access Pass subscription.last_img